From: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 [mailto:faunt@panix.com]
Sent: 07 May 2004 15:16
To: howard@howardlong.com
Cc: daleh@alaska.net; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Rotor tracking

Are you going to be at Dayton?  Or will someone be selling the LVB
Tracker PC boards there?

73, doug

   From: "Howard Long" <howard@howardlong.com>
   Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 12:22:37 +0100

   Hi Dale

   > I have Yeasu G5500  rotors and I use NOVA for Satellite tracking.  The
   rotors are not  installed  yet.
   > What I would  like to know is what is a good  interface to use. The
radio
   is
   an IC910H. I have  heard
   > of  FODtrack but do not know much about it. Just looking for ideas
before
   install.

   Fodtrack is great, and it's cheap.

   There is also the LVB Tracker at
   http://www.g6lvb.com/Articles/LVBTracker/index.htm.

   I should have a large quantity of PCB's for the LVB Tracker waiting for
me
   upon return from work today if Fedex have kept up to their word. The main
   PCB is $10 and the USB interface PCB is $6 all inclusive if you're
   interested.

   The LVB Tracker only performs antenna tracking, not Doppler tracking. If
you
   use Nova, Doppler tracking can be performed with WispDDE but I don't know
if
   there's an IC910 driver for that yet.

   73 Howard G6LVB