getting started in Amateur satellite operation

My name is Cristian Marcu and I am an undergraduate Electrical
Engineering student on the first Cubesat team at the University of
California in Irvine.  I used to be an Amateur Radio operator while I
lived In British Columbia, Canada, but I have not been active in a very
long time.  Also, the other members of our team have no experience with
Amateur Radio at all, or satellite communications.  Therefore, we are
looking for a mentor who is an Amateur Radio operator and has
experience with amateur satellites to help us and provide guidance for
our project. We are basically looking for someone in the Orange County
area who could come out and meet with us every once in a while and who
would be available for us to contact for advice or with questions we
may come up with.  We are currently in the process of putting together
our base station and guidance from an experienced Ham would be crucial
at this stage and the subsequent stage of building our satellite during
the coming summer.  Any help or guidance would be very much
appreciated.

Sincerely,

Cristian Marcu
Communications Lead