Re: Web based Surveys

I think  you still dont get it.  *** There is no such thing
as an unbiased survey when you ***offer*** everyone
the chance to comment and then only collect responses
from those that respond!  This is science, psychology,
and statistics all rolled into one.. folks.

This WEB survey would accomplish NOTHING except
give totally skewed results ignoring the vast majority
who will never use it...  Please, if people dont understand
surveys, go read about them.     Bob

>>> "Al copland" <allan_gm1sxx@hotmail.com> 5/6/04 3:25:19 PM >>>
I've seen some interesting suggestions here.  Wow! I did not expect so
much
personal email re this.

I am not a web designer, it is not my field. I'm an ICT engineer, but
were
AMSAT willing to go down the road of a full survey based on a
membership
database, I could certainly consult our web designers at my workplace
or
elsewhere  about the possibility of commisioning such a project.   The
real
question is whether or not the AMSAT BOD would embrace voting for all,

rather than statistical methods.

If it stopped the bickering and lead to greater transparency in the
decision-making process it could only be a good thing for both the BOD
and
the general membership.

Out of interest, I did a web search for 'Internet survey tools'. This
produced a multitude of hits. I believe the technology already exists
for
this type of thing.  It is not a novel concept.

73 de Al.
GM1SXX

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

----
Sent via amsat-bb@amsat.org. Opinions expressed are those of the
author.
Not an AMSAT member? Join now to support the amateur satellite
program!