RE:Jeff Davis... still on a positive note

On 3 May 2004 at 15:28, "Jeff Davis" wrotw

> Barry & All,
>
> I read with interest the recent posting about AMSAT at Dayton
> (http://www.amsat.org/amsat/archive/amsat-bb/100day/msg40762.html)
> activities.
>
> The membership drive incentives look outstanding. I don't know the
> "benefactor" who is providing the mode S and mode L equipment, but it
> certainly is generous and the effort to sign-up new members as well as
> get existing members to renew in order to win that gear is sure to be
> a success. I hope the booth gets a *lot* of attention!

Without reducting the membership crusade, and in a struggle to remain on the dark side of the force. When can
we expected to used our S and L mode stuff more than a 10 minutes period soon?

I should say more than 10 minutes after a possible echo launch in a 5 years span counting as off today?

I reiterate again "We try hard but it no matter we failed"

The only attention we endeavour  from this outcome reside in an effort to give impossible short term dreams
to folks who will in a VERY next futur be very dissapionted seeing what they will do with their newly win
stuff.(eg satellite works) as i am (no culprits hunts here).

Why don't give them 50% membership rebate over a 5 years period, this way we can keep them paying without
giving them false impressions.

I know some will say again I criticized but we are used to the "STANDARD ORGANIZE FLAMING BACK" organize by
who? question asked?.

Again nothing against "benefactor" but if we are up to date and living in the same dimension AO-40 is as
stated on AMSAT-DL "Due to failure AO-40 is Non-operational"  The intents are good but if we take the money
given to cover the acquisition cost, the same money can funds let say the first 20 membership renewal or new
membership (50% rebate) and who knows how many will choose to pay their full membership fee and donate the
50% rebate to an AMSAT funds ECHO or EAGLE.

Again it's only an idea from the dark side of the force.

BTW I received a lot of personnal comments. I will not be able to answer back all at ounce, but i promised
you will received a personal response in a very next futur...before 5 years...;)

73!

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator