Re: True doppler calculation question

Cliff:

Get a copy of Plan13 and study it - most us it as the basis I believe.  It
was originally a BASIC program but somewhere there is a "C" version I
downloaded.  Here's a description I found of the BASIC version...

PLAN-13 Satellite Position Calculation Program   1990 Oct No. 85 p.15-25

 (See also 1983 Dec) - The basic routines needed for satellite
calculations.  Includes fundamental equations, explanation and heavily
commented listing.  Shows how to compute Orbit, MA, mode, range, azimuth,
elevation, squint, range rate, doppler shift, height, sub-satellite point,
footprint circle, day numbers, dates, Sun's position, solar azimuth, solar
elevation, illumination, eclipses, visibility etc etc.  Routines widely
used by other authors.  Booklet available, $10 US.

It is available on-line as the file:

          ftp://ftp.amsat.org/amsat/articles/g3ruh/a111.zip

73's

Don Woodward
KD4APP
AMSAT 33535