True doppler calculation question

There is little doubt that doppler correction is going to be mandatory for future
satellite operation.  It appears that doppler correction mathematics differs in
obtaining that correction.  At the CUBESAT earth station we use a FT847 with an
identical interface with MacDoppler Pro and Nova.  We get markedly differing
compensation!  Simultaneously using an IC 910 with Instant tune and Fodtrak, a
third compensation results.  How is doppler correction calculated "at the
satellite" in these programs and are similar protocols used?
Cliff K7RR   AMSAT LM1606