Re: EchoLink Conference Server

Hello Jeff,

Monday, May 3, 2004, 2:56:00 PM, you wrote:

> I never seem to see more than one or two folks logged on the EchoLink
> conference server at any one time.

> Is there a regular Net there?

> Assuming that there is not already one now, is there interest in
> forming a net to discuss amateur radio in space via EchoLink?

Together with Paul, KB5MU I have initiated the AMSAT conference server
which has then be established by AMSAT-NA. I thought that it would be a
nice instrument for exchanging minds besides the contacts through
satellites. At the beginning I have proposed to meet daily between 18 and 19
UTC, but even the European people have not shown up. Actually I have met
some people there at the beginning , but most of them were no satellite
operators but have checked in for curiosity.
Frankly speaking I am kind of disappointed that this media is not more
accepted. Maybe there is a  more convenient sked time which meets the behavior
of US people better?

73,
 Reinhard
 DJ1KM