Re: One true rule in 2004...

Freeman P. Pascal IV wrote:

> I've been curious about how to handle doppler tuning with SSB
> transponders.  Having just re-read KB5MU's "One True Rule for Doppler
> Tuning" I'm curious how many folks now days are using computers and
> radios that are capable of the one true rule.

I don't at all.

> I'm using WXtrack and TRX-Manager with my TS-2000.  I should be able to
> follow the one true rule with this combination, but doing so would only
> make sense if others can too.

Correct.  If EVERYONE in a conversation has full computer control of
doppler, the "One True Rule" works great.  However, if any one party in
the conversation does not have the ability  to use full computer control
of doppler, then it becomes a royal pain in the $%& for everyone involved.

--
73