AMSAT at Dayton - Comments

Barry & All,

I read with interest the recent posting about AMSAT at Dayton
(http://www.amsat.org/amsat/archive/amsat-bb/100day/msg40762.html)
activities.

The membership drive incentives look outstanding. I don't know the
"benefactor" who is providing the mode S and mode L equipment, but it
certainly is generous and the effort to sign-up new members as well as
get existing members to renew in order to win that gear is sure to be
a success. I hope the booth gets a *lot* of attention!

The updated "Amateur Satellite Resource Guide" and new book by WA4SXM
on Echo is also very good news. I remember when the library of AMSAT
technical publications was often updated and added to. Perhaps those
with technical writing skills will get encouraged to create a steady
stream of new AMSAT materials once again?

It all sounds like good news to me, and good news is something not
seen on this -bb in quite some time!

Vy 73,

--
Jeff Davis, KE9V