Community of interest?

Folks,

I've watched this survey babble for a few days now.  I can't
call it a debate, because it hasn't been rational enough for that.

If this is a community of interest, WHAT are we arguing about?

All I see is a board member who personally funded professional
design, printing and postage for a survey, to provide data to the board.
Why would anyone fault that donation?  Because the random sample didn't
select them?

It boggles the mind.

Can someone calculate the link budget for a C band satellite in a 300km
orbit, with 4w erp ...so we can begin to design
a ground station to match?  Or, is that not what this reflector is for?

I'd like to see someone start to put flesh on Tom Clark's CC Rider
paper from last year's meeting.

N2EA
jimjarvis@ieee.org