RE: Survey

Amen.  You can tell the BOD leaders spend no time in any kind of chat rooms
or they would recognize trolling for what it is:  you come by and drop a
big warm nasty one right in the punch and laugh like heck while everyone
else suffers the consequences.

For those who do not seem to understand sampling theory,  let a
professional,
with a Ph.D from Brown University in probability, stochastic processes,
and statistical inference tell you that the organization has been very
CONSERVATIVE in making this sample as large as it has.  We have a small
population (4000) and to account for the high variance, a 10% sample is
well over what is needed to smooth this.  The confidence intervals will
high if the questions were formulated properly.  Since we cannot see the
questions, we will have to trust the people who WE ELECTED TO THE BOARD,
and those officers (some of them going on decades with the organization)
until we have reason not to.

>From the discourse I have seen here, I would have to say that it is my
not so humble opinion that the nay sayers belong in one of my favorite
categories:  three more neurons and they would be a high quality igneous
rock.  My sixteen year old daughter who is getting her license and is the
apple of her father's eye said she was interested in satellites because they
are so neat.  I think I will have her join AMSAT-DL and AMSAT-UK and
stay away from here.

Bob
N4HY