Re: AMSAT Survey

I do not want to make things more difficult,
or heat up the discussion, but...

In my city we have a official VERON club.
They say they have 250 members , and know what the HAM`s want.
There most importand activity is a HF cw contest .
next they have a newyears reception with the board , and one fox hunt.

The active HAM`s in my city are in a not official club (it`s got a name,
that`s it)
and they organize a fieldday , several foxhunts , go to schools to tell
about ISS,
have a living site,a real good weekly HAMradio program and more.
They build antenna`s , solder transmitters and explore new things like
wide FM,DAB and netbuilding.
But only 16 % is member of the official club,that say`s they know what they
want.

In the unofficial club it`s one man , one vote.
They discuss everything in the open.
The internet side with polls and sevey`s is being used to bring the hobby
home.

In these day`s it`s not easy to tell the family that you have to go for the
club.
We are the communicators , and things are different now.

I think all club`s should realize,
that a gap is easyer made,
than fixed.

Chris PA5RWE