RE: General comments. - Meisse Reply -

I think Gunther makes some excellent points, not the least of which is that
it's easy for many of us to forget the dedication and effort of volunteer
members who make things happen in AMSAT.

For those who don't believe in the accuracy of statistical sampling, I would
ask how willing would you be to redirect funds from satellite building
projects toward the administrative cost of printing up 5000 surveys and then
tallying the results afterward?  Or better yet, are you willing to donate
the money and/or roll up your own sleeves to make sure every member's
opinion is heard in the survey?  Those who would give tired excuses -- such
as they only would do so if AMSAT served their needs -- do not need to
respond...

There are two effective ways to "vote" in AMSAT: (1) By rolling up your
sleeves and accomplishing something useful, and (2) By voting with your
wallet (yes "targeted" donations are accepted).  I'm not sure what those who
advocate "voting with their feet" hope to accomplish as I would be surprised
to see it result in any new satellites.  I suspect many such comments come
from those unwilling to do anything that will accomplish anything
constructive, but rather choose to criticize the efforts of the "doers" when
it doesn't serve their personal preferences.

My opinion) -- put your money (and effort) where your mouth is...

Ken Ernandes, N2WWD