From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On Behalf
Of Luc Leblanc (VE2DWE)
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 10:04
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] AMSAT survey's (digest form)

Just to summarized my questionning about this AMSAT survey.

1-In first place AMSAT announce they want to survey the membership
2-In the AMSAT journal they publish the objectives, what they want to know,
learn, confirm, about the
memberships needs (and ask and listen for comments)
3-Publish the questionnaire, paper, electronic filing...
4-Control the critical mass of surveys eg: try to obtain the greathest
number. Professional marketing firms
 put 1$ (or anything else) in their survey in a way to increased their
return, no need for AMSAT to do so but
 it takes a bit of time to make sure we obtain the critical mass.

4 simple steps to do what.

Avoid any perceptions about a DIRECTED survey

A directed survey is usefull when some very sharp topics are to be evaluated
eg:

In auto insurance an insurer wants to control their young drivers loss
ratio. They will sample all their 16-19 insureds and they will in this
survey ask for very sharp questions as: Drinking habits, drugs uses, and
so on. This kind of survey is directed as they want to know precise points
in their sampling. The questions
in the survey are made not to get an open numbers of opinions but a precise
number of answers on specific
matter.

AMSAT survey as it has been presented by the AMSAT President SEEMS i said
SEEMS and i repeat it again in
lower case seems to be a directed one.  When in the same time it SEEMS that
the end results will GUIDE AMSAT
BOD in their decisions and as i quote "This survey should define our
membership requirements".

AGAIN i have nothing against AMSAT doing a survey, what i want to know its
the following 2 simple points

1-I want to know the survey questions
2-Whats the BOD wants to learn that they are not actually know fron this
survey

Now why i want to know that?

Because i'm an AMSAT MEMBER 33583 and as one other members said i want to be
part of an organisation where
ALL the decisions are not taken behind closed door by a small group of 8
individuals.

I'm a new AMSAT member (2 years) and i have (AND MANY OF US ) a distinctive
impression that AMSAT BOD
decisions making are not always taken in the best interest of the
memberships. I want an OPEN AMSAT not a
close one.

BOD members AMSAT is not your own personnal business NOR your property AMSAT
belongs to their MEMBERS. WE
elected you to serve US we elected you to make AMSAT an organisation open to
new ideas coming from the
members. WE want to be proud of AMSAT and we want to know whats you are
doing for us.

AMSAT BOD members you got your close call, we ask for questions and you DENY
US the right to know its a
shame. Not even the president want to step forward answering my questions
prefering to let some service
janitors defend ( BADBLY) their position.

AMSAT BOD WAKE UP....THAT'S THE CLOSE CALL Memberships are asking questions
not to criticised BUT FOR GOD
SAKE TO KNOW whats you are doing for us!

For those who are asking if i have a personnal agenda towards AMSAT YES I
HAVE ONE I want a strong
INTERNATIONAL AMSAT open on the world and be ready to be a part of a
worldwide group of amateur satellites
ham radio folks.

P.S. For those who are questionning my statistics knowledge I use to be a
senior commercial and industrial
underwriter (25 years) for the biggest US and Canadian insurance firms, to
named one Fireman's Funds (no
advertisement intent here) . Always complainig about actuary in saying they
where too statistacly incline and
not connected to the real competitive insurance market world. In my day to
day work i use to cut their rates
with a long rating work sheet. In a way trying to proove with concrete and
tangible results they where
wrong...

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le QuÈbec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
AMSAT MEMBER (33583)
Sites web sites: www.qsl.net/ve2dwe
                          www.sorel-tracy.qc.ca/~luclebla/

Echolink node 115340 VE2DWE-L
Echolink node 101810 VE2DWE

P.O. Box 341
Sorel-Tracy  QC.
Canada
J3P 5T6

Due to spam mail proliferation The following extensions are automaticly
killed before reading

En raison de la prolifÈration des "pourriels" les extensions suivantes sont
dÈtruites automatiquement avant
lecture.

MSM.COM
AOL.COM