Re: working AO-7 and FO-29 with a FT-817

At 06:48 4/26/04 -0400, you wrote:
>Uni_Trac 2003 supports the FT-100 according to it's literature.
>73's
>Don Woodward
>KD4APP
>AMSAT 33535
>http://kd4app.webhop.org

	KD4APP de S.I.
	Don,

	You are correct. Uni_Trac 2003, and also Uni_Trac 2000, support the FT-100.

	We, Spectrum International Inc., have also supplied Uni_Trac for use with
the FT-817.
	I have no personal experience of this but assume it works OK.
	We have not received any complaints.

	To date, we have not been approached by a FT-857 owner.
	We have no details of the FT-857 radio's control interface to the outside
world.
	It may be similar to the FT-100; I don't know.

Just a reminder: Uni_Trac 2000 uses a computer's parallel port
                 Uni_Trac 2003 uses a SERIAL port or a USB port.
	An internal "slot" is NOT required for either of them.

	73s,   de John   G3BVU/W1.

	Yours truly,

	C.J.Beanland, MSEE, C.Eng., MIEE, MRAeS.
	Sales Manager,
	Spectrum International,Inc.	spectrum@spectrum-intl.com
	P.O. Box 1084,			Tel: (978) 263-2145
	Concord, Mass. 01742.		Fax: (978) 263-7008