From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On Behalf
Of Luc Leblanc (VE2DWE)
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 1:44 AM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Cc: Gunther Meisse; Advisors@AMSAT.Org; bod@AMSAT.Org; officers@AMSAT.Org;
projcomm@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Membership DIRECTED survey

I was also busy... and i just take few minutes to pointed out some comments
of Mr Meisse message. I take out
8 points that i comment and questionned below.

On 23 Apr 2004 at 12:28, Gunther Meisse wrote:

1- One must select randomly from the universe that is being studied... If
you leave it to volunteer
respondents, the results are severely skewed and the process is statically
 of no value.

2- We selected 400 names from our paid membership roles.

3- 250 respondents is critical mass,

4-because we are surveying a focused group, not an open universe, which
would include persons totally
 disinterested in the subject matter...

5- Regarding the issue that some members are not operating satellite users:
 This is a distinct possibility but their views are as valid as anyone
else's
 since they represent some portion of our dues paying members...

6-Dues paying members are all that count... It is that money that allows us
to do what we
do... Operating the birds means nothing...

7-Membership support is what pays the bills....

8- In closing, I will tell you that, when competed, we will have a wonderful
 planning tool for your Board of Directors. Results that may well dispel old
 myths, and give us the necessary information to make AMSAT-NA more focused
 on the needs and wishes of the membership....

 1- How and who is selecting randomly? Pick an choose! draw! Computer
randomly generating membership number
or picked from a fish bowl ?

2-Again "we selected" on what criterias?  how a selection can cope with
"random selection"?
   Should we understand this survey as oriented towards A PECULIAR
membership type?

3-250 members that WE SELECTED FROM A FOCUSED GROUP! whats the board wants
to tell the OTHERS or wants to
hear to comfort them? considering that "OPERATING THE BIRDS MEANS
NOTHING"... I know that dues paying members
are all that counts and it seems it is ONLY THAT WHO COUNTS... bring the
money in and shut your XYZ mouth.
US THE BOARD we  know whats its the common wealth for you all. After all
operating the birds means nothing
all we need its your money and we will select in our survey a focused number
of supporting members who are
never operating on any sats. There is now two new members class THE
OPERATING ONES AND THE PAYING ONES!

4-Surveying a focused group of persons totally disinterested in the subject
matter... i understand satellite
   operators THE NEW AMSAT-NA SECOND CLASS MEMBERS!!!! The bad ones... who
unfortunatly are operating
satellites and probably expressing their feelings about how things are
manadge in a way to improve their
satellites uses and operation?

If it is the definition of "randomly selected" it is a restrictive as the
universe that is being studied...
The choosen universe! As i already wrote  "A safe way to heaven for the
choosen goes by accepting 50% of our
mistakes first and by admitting the other 50% after. This survey seems to be
a variation on a same subject, a
way around problems and truth . A national investigating board where
recommendations will be put on the
shelves. That's looks good...

5- If the board wants to know the non active and non operating sat users
opinions on what  AMSAT-NA should
do about satellite uses and operation? I think they should made TWO distinct
focused group one for THE
"MONEY" CLASS ONE  and the other for THE SECOND CLASS "THE SAT OPERATORS THE
USERS.

6 and 7- Dues paying members are all that count..-Membership support is what
pays the bills.... FORGET THE
REST if whats i read and  whats i understand is correct i know a good bunch
of LIFE MENBERS AND REGULAR
MEMBERS WHO WILL RESIGN THEIR MEMBERSHIP SOON.

8-In closing, I will tell you that, when competed, we will have a wonderful
 planning tool for your Board of Directors. Results that may well dispel old
 myths....DISPEL OLD MYTHS

Mr. Meisse please enlighten us with the truth YOUR TRUTH?  Explain us whats
you mean about OLD MYTHS which
ones? are they convey by OLD MEMBERS...? former OLD BOD MEMBERS? or the ones
dispel by the ones who their
satellite operating means nothing AS AMSAT-NA seems to qualified them now?

You make this survey to chase OLD MYTHS... Better to call Ghost Busters!
since AMSAT-NA begining
the membership wants to have satellites in first place. Why  for god sake
the board wants to survey the
membership? what they want to know? MEMBERSHIPS WANTS SATELLITES period.
Puts all your money and ressources
towards this goal. Whats you should survey its your manadgment. How it is
run. You are going backwards or you
are playing the ostrich game in diverting attention with your survey.

I adrressed this message to the AMSAT-NA BOD is it the way we should
understand the greatly needed changes in
AMSAT-NA way to do business for the next years?  I mean doing things from
results based on a crappy and
obviously  misleading  and apparently non democratic survey?

The way this survey is conducted is in the exact AMSAT-NA culture.  BOD
members does not read messages on
AMSAT-BB   and they fabricated faked survey to comfort their inactions
relying on comments of non sat users.
They don't listen their members, they don't wants to be questionned about
what they do.

I'M WRONG could be! Quote him out of context could be! Let Mr Meisse clarify
himself. We will see if BOD is
sharing his comments after.

I quote Robin Haighton VE3FRH President AMSAT-NA in his  president's april
letter:

"The AMSAT Strategic Planning committee is working to develop a more
effective means of operating the organization, and to provide improved
communications
between the Board of Directors, the Officers and the  Members.
A new "Team approach" is being developed"

"WE TRY HARD BUT IT NOT MATTER WE FAILED" Is it the conclusion we should
draw from this "new team approach"?
I hope not!  better to clear that in first place. BTW it will be
interresting to see all the questions on
this survey? could be we can see HOW DIRECTED THE QUESTIONS ARE!

It looks like an old black and white film where a banana republic dictator
has been elected by 99% of all
voters. He was the only one candidate and called his election free and
democratic...The remaining 1% seems
the ones Mr. Meisse does not want to hear...i wrote Mr. Meisse here on
purpose should i wrote something else
Mr. Haighton? I'm remember now it was a Charlie Chaplin film.or back to
future? anyway it not matter here.

Mr Meisse its time for you to explain yourself and please read back the
letter you wrote and send us all in
the pre AMSAT BOD election campaign period . Correct me if i'm not
interpreting you correctly? If it is a bad
choice of words please correct them now.

You can filled up a suitcase but i don't have any handle in my back...
Confucious saying.

P.S. Since the demise of AO-40 i'm no more an active sat operator. I want to
applied to the new AMSAT first
class of members. Aside of money there is any others requirements to
fulfill? I can sworn also that i will
keep my mouth shut ;)

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
AMSAT MEMBER (33583)
Sorel-Tracy VE2CBS ARC President
Sites web sites: www.qsl.net/ve2dwe
                          www.sorel-tracy.qc.ca/~luclebla/

Echolink node 115340 VE2DWE-L
Echolink node 101810 VE2DWE

P.O. Box 341
Sorel-Tracy  QC.
Canada
J3P 5T6

Due to spam mail proliferation The following extensions are automaticly
killed before reading

En raison de la prolifération des "pourriels" les extensions suivantes sont
détruites automatiquement avant
lecture.

MSM.COM
AOL.COM