RE: Membership DIRECTED survey

Great links!  I have a Statistics book and calculator over here that will be
available after next Monday (I will be taking the final exam then) if anyone
is interested in learning about Statistics.  One thing I have learned...
there is a LOT more to statistics than meets the eye!  Now, I am ASSUMING
that there is a company involved in this survey.  If this company didn't
know what they were doing in presenting a survey I doubt they would be in
business long so that should be a self-supporting answer to most of the
questions that I have seen posted about this survey.

And how are the participants selected?  Well, it doesn't really matter if
they are computer selected or if someone hand picked 400 names out of a list
as long as they are RANDOMLY selected meaning that each name had an equal
chance of being selected as the others (which is harder than I first
thought).  This was probably done by a computer rather than the fish bowl
method because, well do you want to pull 400 names out of a fish bowl???
And I'm also ASSUMING that it was a random without replacement selection.

I'm not sure about your question about the criteria used to select
participants in this survey.  There are two types of people out there...
Members of AMSAT-NA and non-members of AMSAT-NA.  They selected names out of
the "Members of AMSAT-NA" group because that is who the BOD has to answer
to, right?

If you still feel like something is up, then I will request Martha to send
me membership totals and I'll be happy to calculate that magical number or
I'll be happy to post the necessary formulas that you can use to figure
these numbers yourself.  I like what someone said, recently...  Be
constructive, not destructive in your comments.

73s,
Eric KF4OTN
kf4otn@arrl.net
kf4otn@w4ral.#rtp.nc.usa.noam

ARRL Member
AMSAT Member: 35360
TAPR Member: 8869
Support your Hobby!  Join a club.

All contact logs are uploaded to the ARRL LoTW and eQSL.