Re: Membership DIRECTED survey

Luc inquired ...
> 1- How and who is selecting randomly? Pick an choose! draw! Computer randomly
> generating membership number or picked from a fish bowl ?
>
> 2-Again "we selected" on what criterias?  how a selection can cope with "random
> selection"?  Should we understand this survey as oriented towards A PECULIAR
> membership type?

Perhaps these links, among 100's of others (try google on "statistical random sampling") may provide some introductory information to the science behind the survey method ...

http://trochim.human.cornell.edu/tutorial/mugo/tutorial.htm
http://www.learner.org/exhibits/statistics/
http://www.enterprise-impact.org.uk/word-files/ Sampling-2-Section2.doc

73 de JoAnne WB9JEJ