RE: working AO-7 and FO-29 with a FT-817

At 10:12 PM 4/22/2004 -0500, James C. Hall, M.D. wrote:

>Well this is interesting.  I had forgotten that Icom was a different animal
>about this.  It just so happens that another club member has another IC-706
>so I may be able to lash these together and get things working - probably
>manually at that point.  That's OK, I'm used to keeping the TX frequency put
>during a QSO and keeping my hand turning the RX frequency during LEO passes.
>I'll see ... We have another member that is a good sat op - we may press his
>FT-847 into service.
>
>Thanks for the info, Tony.
>
>73, Jamie
>WB4YDL

Hi Jamie,

On a positive note, one of the nice things about the
CI-V interface is that you can share a COM port
so you could put both radios on a laptop that has only
one COM port for field day.

You need a CT-17 interface or equivalent and for two
IC-706's you would need to change the HEX address on
the second one to something other than the factory default.

Best of luck and 73,
Tony AA2TX