RE: working AO-7 and FO-29 with a FT-817

--- "James C. Hall, M.D." <heartdoc@nwtcc.com> wrote:

> Hi there:
>
> Good thread. I'll be looking into this myself with a
> Field Day setup with a IC-706Mk2G. I would think that
> half the battle here would be finding your own signal
> when half duplex.

I'm sure there are others who feel differently than myself Jamie but
for me most of the thrill in operating through satellites is hearing
myself on the downlink while transmitting.  I've never gotten over it
.. kinda magical.  :-)

However, I understand the problem that half duplex presents and wish
you the best of luck.

73, Gary -K8KFJ-
AMSAT #32574
Sat VUCC #125