RE: working AO-7 and FO-29 with a FT-817

At 12:59 PM 4/22/2004 -0500, James C. Hall, M.D. wrote:

>Hi there:
>
>Good thread. I'll be looking into this myself with a Field Day setup with a
>IC-706Mk2G. I would think that half the battle here would be finding your
>own signal when half duplex.
>
>73, Jamie
>WB4YDL

Hi Jamie,

In the interest of full disclosure, I should point out
that software control to use a single "half-duplex"
(i.e. non-satellite) radio only works with Kenwood and
Yaesu radios.

The ICOM CI-V computer interface doesn't have any commands
to control or operate in split mode. You can use an IC-706
under software control for EITHER receiving or transmitting
but you will also need another radio (which could be another
IC-706) for the other half of the link.

73,
Tony AA2TX