Re: working AO-7 and FO-29 with a FT-817

A couple of minor corrections/clarifications:

1. The TX VFO tracking with SatPC32 also has a delay of about 1 second when used with a half-duplex radio such as FT-817.  I can't see that with my FT-847 because I enable the built-in VFO tracking.  The auto Doppler tuning function of SatPC32 allows me to enable the radio's VFO tracking.  InstantTune requires you do disable VFO tracking.  But this is not a concern when using InstantTune with half-duplex radios such as FT-817 or FT-100 (they don't have tracking VFOs).

2. The author of InstantTrack also donated the software to AMSAT.  So the purchase price of either InstantTrack or SatPC32 is a donation to AMSAT.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA