Re: working AO-7 and FO-29 with a FT-817

Hi Wally,

There is a really easy way, use InstantTune software.

With InstantTune, you just tune the vfo from the front panel
and the RX and TX Doppler-shifts and the TX offset will be
set for you automatically.

You can download it for free from www.amsat.org You will
also need InstantTrack (which is not free but reasonable)
and the CT-62 (RS-232) cable. InstantTrack and InstantTune
will run on almost any PC or laptop.

I used to use it with an FT-100 to operate the FO and RS
satellites from my car while commuting. Worked great on
an old 20MHz 386SX laptop.

Best of luck and 73,
Tony AA2TX

---