Re: Re:President's April Letter & AMSAT-DL web site

>To get a "400 is  statistically very accurate #" at a 5% rate we should
>send it to 8000 members!

Yes, Luc,

 From the beginning I seriously doubted the validity of the "400 member"
poll, and I don't know word one about "statistics or probability", but if
this is truly a "random sampling" of the entire membership that further
dilutes the results...I know many people in San Diego that belong to AMSAT,
and have never operated a satellite station...Except perhaps to a "field
day sampling" when our North Shores Clubs has set up it's 15 FD efforts..

Seems to me a questionnaire on the reflector here, requesting an AMSAT #
would get a better indication.  I have no way of knowing, but I can't
imagine anyone truly interested in operating, and what is coming to operate
wuld not be receiving

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....