A reminder about Icom preamps

For those of you who are using Icom preamps, remember that these preamps *are not RF sensing*!  They depend on the supply voltage being dropped on the coax line to allow the transmit RF to feed through without damaging the preamp.

I got bitten by this a little while ago when trying to use an AG-25 with my TS-2000 and an SSB sequencer.  I didn't have the menu settings right in the 2000 and fried the preamp.  Another person was just burned in a somewhat similar fashion.  Make sure there is no voltage on the coax when you transmit!

Be warned!

73,

Dave Reinhart
wa6ilt@amsat.org