Re:President's April Letter & AMSAT-DL web site

 This survey should define our membership
> requirements. Names were taken at random  and the number of 400 is  statistically
> very accurate to present a good picture of membership needs.

With an usual return of about 5% on theses survey, why not made it available to the membership on AMSAT web
site and put all the generous "charitable" given $$$ into the echo and or "eagle" pot?

As someone said recently "WE TRY HARD BUT IT NOT MATTER WE FAILED"

A safe way to heaven goes by accepting 50% of our mistakes first and by admitting the other 50% after.  This
way half the world will be seated at the right of god and the rest at his left. But when considering that god
is everywhere can anyone show me where is the right or left of everywhere?

To get a "400 is  statistically very accurate #" at a 5% rate we should send it to 8000 members!

AO-40 info on AMSAT-DL

When clicking on AMSAT-DL AO-40 UPDATE we can read:

"Due to failure all transmitters are shut off until further notice"

The translation should be better this way:

Due to failure AO-40 is Non-operational.

The "until further notice" from an outsider point of view lead to beleive that someone had a control to
switch it on an off at will?... BTW Non-operational does not mean DEAD,  but refer to a generally accepted
way to qualify our ham sat status.

AO-7 and oscar-II prove it "They never say die"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
AMSAT MEMBER (33583)