Re: Icom 820H/ UT-50/AG25+35

Hello Emily,

You are absolutely correct.  Do not provide a dc ground for any
transceiver RF output center conductor.

Some filters may provide a DC short to ground and different antenna
matching systems may  be DC grounded.

My practice is to externally inject DC power onto a coaxial line with RF,
for power needs at the antenna, like a preamplifier.

With external ( to the transceiver) DC injection, I can easily measure
DC current, and have a beefier DC injection than
from any transceiver.

Similarly, some lightning suppression devices may be a a DC short to
ground, and others have a DC passthrough capability.

Stan, WA1ECF       Patiently waiting for ECHO