Re: Re: Funny old satellite design

Hi AMSATs,

In a previous message I noticed about an interresting link which shows
pictures of a very old satellite design...
The link:
http://www.nord-com.net/accot.schulz/Sats/vang_Early/Early_Vanguard.html

I forgot to ask something what I noticed when I saw this very old satellite
design.

I wondered if they kept the inside of the football shape full of air ?
In those days they had no experience with temperature, radiation, vaccuum
etc...
So propably to avoid problems they might have choosen to keep the components
under earth-air-pressure...

I also noticed that they didn't use any kind of PCB, or structure to hold
the components.
I would say all components would be "pressed" down due to the high G-force
of the rocket...

Kind regards,
73 de PE1RAH,
William Leijenaar