RS-15 - beacon question

I'm listening to the RS-15 beacon and I noticed that it sounds less
"chirpy", but I also noticed that it has an irregular period.  Every few
beeps I here a shortened beep.  Is this suppose to be the case?  I
thought RS-15 beacon was suppose to be a regular tempo.

I was getting the beacon at a S3 at times from my QTH in Sandia Park, NM
(DM65gu).  I was listening with a TS-2000 on a Cushcraft R7.

I keep hoping the transponder will be active and someone will be calling
or will hear me near 29.380MHz (Down).

-Freeman, N5FPP

Not an AMSAT member yet, but will be soon, very soon.