Re: Big FCC Proposal

>The FCC additionally proposed a rule change that would make Kenwood's Sky
>Command system legal for operation within the US. The Commission said it
>believes Kenwood's proposal "will be consistent with our flexible-use
policy in >the Amateur Service." The proposed amendment to §97.201(b) of the
rules >would permit auxiliary operation from 145.8 to 146.0 MHz in addition
to >frequency segments already authorized. The Sky Command system permits
the >user to operate certain Kenwood equipment remotely via a VHF/UHF
handheld >transceiver.

Thats gonna make Mode J problematic for certain. Might even make Mode B hard
if some jerk plops down on a sat downlink in your area. And remember P3E
will have a Mode B downlink....

Please take the time to file a comment with the FCC.

>Commenting on the NPRM

>The FCC Notice of Proposed Rule Making in ET Docket 04-140 is available on
>the FCC Web site.

>Interested parties may comment on the NPRM by Tuesday, June 15 (reply
>comments by Wednesday, June 30), via the FCC Electronic Comment Filing
>System (ECFS). Click on "Submit a filing." To view filed comments, click on
>"Search for filed comments." In either case enter the NPRM number in the >
>"Proceeding" field as "04-140" (without the quotation marks).

73, Drew KO4MA