RE: Big FCC Proposal

> http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-79A1.pdf
>
> I'm assuming that you are referring to the auxiliary station changes,
> but they specifically
> exclude the satellite portions of the band:

Hmm, not what I read...  From the ARRL article...

---

The FCC additionally proposed a rule change that would make Kenwood's Sky
Command system legal for operation within the US. The Commission said it
believes Kenwood's proposal "will be consistent with our flexible-use policy
in the Amateur Service." The proposed amendment to §97.201(b) of the rules
would permit auxiliary operation from 145.8 to 146.0 MHz in addition to
frequency segments already authorized. The Sky Command system permits the
user to operate certain Kenwood equipment remotely via a VHF/UHF handheld
transceiver.

---