Re: 3m dish applications

NOAA is switching their NOAAPORT signal from a synchronous serial
datastream to a DVB-S IP over satellite stream.  With an LNB, a DVB
receiver (card or standalone unit), and the appropriate software you can
get near-realtime datafeeds from NEXRAD satellite stations, the GOES
downlinks, a realtime stream of forecasts and NOAA weather
warnings/watches.

I picked it up with a 3m BUD and the C-Band LNB that was on the dish for
TVRO use.