Re: Small Satellite Tracker Project?

>>> <rwmcgwier@comcast.net> 4/9/04 6:31:41 PM >>>
>I just don't understand this at all.  If the beam-pencil is
>narrow enough AND STABLE ENOUGH to allow you
>to use it pinpoint your satellite location,  which century
>will I have to wait for until my satellite flies through the beam?

Its a 0.2 deg thick but 180 deg wide "fan" beam that goes
horizon to horizon from Arizona through texas and on to
Georgia.  Anything going above about 33 deg latitude
anywhere over the entire southern USA will fly through the
fence.  ISS goes through it about 6 times a day...

>If the beam is steerable, we will have to have a classified
>connection to radar control center to be allow to get the
>current pointing vector.

The radar is just a 750 Kw unmodulated carrier that has
been on the air since the 1960's.   The antenna in texas
s two miles long to creat such a narrow fan beam...

Bob