Re: R: 3m dish applications

Microwave Ovens for EME:

Yes, but...  We dont want to filter the 60 (or 50) Hz, we want
to use it as *the* modulation for DSP detection?  Maybe I am
all wrong, but you gave an excellent explaination of why the
magnetron is so wideband, so then, wouldn't the best way to detect
it be to keep the 60 Hz amplitude modulation on it and use that
as the waveform to use DSP to find?

Again, I want to avoid having to "tame" the maggie which is
beyond the scope of most HAMS...  So is the DSP method
possible, or is there so much 60 HZ noise as to mask any
EME signal?  In that case, then maybe the easy approach is
to filter out the 60 Hz (as you say) and then add a superimposed
say 47 Hz waveform?  (or any defined signal easy to detect)...

Bob