Mode U/s available on future birds?

Hello group,

I received my journal yesterday, and have enjoyed reading it!  The Echo and
Phase 3e info was very interesting!

I have not had a chance to read all of the Journal, so excuse me if these
questions have already been addressed. I've been scouring the Amsat-NA and
Amsat-DL web sites, with no luck.

Q1:
I'm anxious to find out if the satellite designers are planning on using
Mode U/s again, especially on the new HEOs? I'd like to know as soon as
possible, so that I can plan my antenna configuration for a tower I'll be
installing this summer.

I put together a pretty decent S-band downlink for AO-40, and had great
results!  In spite of Leila's false alarms, etc - I really enjoyed U/s
operation! I am not in a position to build an L-band uplink at this point,
so if L/s will provide the only S-band downlink, I suppose I'll leave the
dish in the basement..

Q2:
The info that I've read up to now leads me to believe that fixed
transponders will be used, rather than the matrix type used on AO-40?

Thanks for any help. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that AO-40 hasn't
given up yet!

73,

Kyle Yoksh
K0KN