From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On
Behalf Of RogerKola
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2004 8:24 AM
To: 4x1kx
Cc: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] The University <-> AMSAT relation

In a message dated 03/28/04 4:22:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
4x1kx@iarc.org
writes:

> it's just that it is about
>  time that we accept that neither group is really aligned with AMSAT's

goals.
>  further more, the spacecraft building universities are actually more
likely
>  to do the kind of research we hams were chartered to do than we are
>  currently doing - but we beat them into submission. The focus of
national
>  AMSAT groups in the past years was/is/will be to provide a service
for well
>  established modes - not communications research

And this is why many of US, AMSAT Members, are begging AMSAT to develop
policy, and provide a liaison with a "moldable" package which will be
presentable
to these groups....

Here you have an entity, asking about a payload package, and AMSAT
itself
doesn't reply, only individual members provide their thoughts with their
own
individual opinions and biases.

We have been told many times that the "Board doesn't have time to
monitor
this forum," however, these are the opportunities that are missed
because the
AMSAT organization is not built to interact with individual membership
thoughts
and needs....

Roger
WA1KAT