Re: RE: Kids' licensing material?

William,

Terry, ZL3QL, stated it very well and I just want to add that it is not
what we want these children to become..but it is what we can offer them to
find themselves on the path to their future.

My son got his ham license at age 9 because he wanted to talk to an
astronaut in space. And you know what ...he did.
And that accomplishment is with him today.  It is not just a personal
milestone that he attained, but it is recognizable as a credential of
accomplishment by the fact that he is a member of a community the public
recognizes as worthy of respect.. Amateur Radio..Eagle scout ...ect...

By the time our children get to their teens and high school many of the
paths they will follow are set.

The most important gift that we can give them is a sense of self worth and
self esteem. With out this they can follow lessor paths set by peer
pressure.  When they have a sense of who they are, or can be, thru
recognized accomplishment, they will have found an inner strength of self
that will help them find a place in society that will benefit all.

And you know what..?.....maybe...after awhile.....when things settle
down......some old childhood sweet memory will resurface.

To us it may just be a scratchy...fading.....hard to hold...CQ ..CQ....but
if we try hard....and we give them the tools...we will hear them again.

Al Emer
N2YAC