Re: PCSAT2 ready for flight

http://www.dipseal.com/page3.html

> DS587-2 is an oil free Type Two coating excellent for sealing bottles
> of all kinds.  This coating lends itself very well to custom coloring;
> however, it is water clear when left uncolored.  It also has a smooth,
> shiny, medium hard finish when dry, and peels relatively easily.
> Recommended dipping temperature is 350°F.

 From the description it sounds like this would be just the ticket ..
oil free, dry seal, peel off if needed but otherwise should stick
pretty well.

You could possibly reduce the detuning by putting an EMI shield around
the RF components, if the shield plus conformal coating would still fit
in the desired form factor.  This would at least get the coating out of
the near field of the chokes and caps and reduce capacitive loading.
Although, if you only saw a 10% detuning, you're probably right, it's
more work to fix that than it's worth .. ;-)