Re: EME during Field Day?

On Tuesday 23 March 2004 07:50 pm, you wrote:
> Wondering if anyone is planning on doing EME during Field Day this
> year?
>
> Can anyone say how that will be counted under the ARRL rules for
> points, mode, etc.?

As I read the rules, it counts exactly like any other contact using that
band and mode.  I thought the ARRL once upon a time issued a
clarification that EME contacts counted the same as amateur satellite
contacts, but the rules don't seem to explicitly say that. The good
news is that EME doesn't count as a repeater contact (which would be
prohibited).

> I'll be running only about 50 watts output to the array this year and
> was wondering if I could hear someone to demonstrate the mode to the
> rest of the club.

I'll be impressed if anyone hears you at 50 Watts.  I don't know if
you've worked EME before, but if not, you should get in some practice
before field day.  Have you checked to see if the moon will be in a
favorable position on Field Day?

- Bob