PCSAT2 ready for flight

PCSAT2 this weekend passed final Outgassing Tests
for Space Station and Space Shuttle and is ready
for launch on the first shuttle return to flight (next year).

These outgassing specs are some of the most
stringent in the space program.  Interestingly, all
of our parts were off-the-shelf Kantronics TNC's
and Hamtronics TX/RX including original plastic
parts.

The rate achieved on the TQCM test was 5*E-13
grams per second.  The test chamber itself was
able to get down to 2*E-14.  I'm no expert here,
so I dont know if we squeeked by or what, but
our outgassing was one of the main concerns
and apparently we passed.

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/pcsat2.html

If anyone can put these numbers into perspective
with values regularly obtained on other programs,
I'd be interested in hearing about them.

Bob, WB4APR