From: "Bruce Robertson" <broberts@mta.ca>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 5:05 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re-crystaling Microwave Modules 432/28 Transverter

Gang:

I recently bought a second-hand Microwave Modules 432 -> 28 MHz transverter
on Ebay in order to gear up for CW/SSB LEO work. I had thought that all of
these provide a means of working on 435, too, but it seems mine doesn't.
I'm wondering if anyone has experience re-crystaling these models. In
particular, since the existing lo xtal is a 101 MHz, I was thinking of
buying the 101.750 crystal from Down East Micro.

If no-one has direct experience with this model, general advice would also
be welcomed. I suppose the question here is how broad-band the lo osc.
tuned circuit and the rest of the filters, etc. are. I've never done any
homebrewing in UHF/VHF territory, so I'm a bit unsure. In any case, I'm
guessing that swapping an xtal isn't going to bust anything, so it might be
worth it as an experiment.

73
Bruce Robertson, VE9QRP