From: "Wayne Estes W9AE" <w9ae@earthlink.net>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 11:15 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] XF4IH on satellite

> Here is an interesting update regarding satellite operation from XF4IH.
>
> The designated satellite operator, Tony XE1GRR literally "missed the boat"
to Socorro Island because of an eye infection.  Consequently he is not
presently on the island.  But Tony has arranged to ride on the Navy boat
that is scheduled to return to Socorro Island to pick up the DXpedition
team.  Tony expects to arrive on the island at about 1800 UTC on Thursday.
Then he will have less than 36 hours to make satellite contacts before the
Navy ship departs with the expedition team.

> So it looks like Thursday night will be the best time for people with day
jobs to make a contact.  Friday night is less certain, because we don't know
when Tony will be forced to pack up, or when the generators will be shut
down for the Friday night departure back to the mainland.