Re: NO-45 Digipeater On

The digipeater was never off, but we ask everyone NOT to use the BB; the
short explanation is that BB use "locks out" ground access to the
spacecraft CPU.  (The long explanation involves design lessons about
fully understanding all the features of your COTS hardware and making
sure they are either disabled or fully integrated...)

Everyone is still free to use the digipeating/APRS features of Sapphire
(callsign ke6qmd) as per the user service agreement
(http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/pcsat/contract.txt).  There will be
occasional dropouts caused by our CW beacon, and expect extra packet
chatter during West Coast (USA) passes, as we have some schools using
Sapphire for operations training.

73,

Mike Swartwout, KE6YNJ