Where are we with the new birds?

Hello everybody.

I have been often asking myself how comes there is such a scarcity of information
on the progress in the Eagle project and, especially, on P3E (which would
appear to be in a much more advanced stage).

The latest information available from AMSAT-DL on P3E dates back to November
2002... I would expect our German friends to have come a long way since then.

After all, we are all in the grim situation of having to wait. Wait for a
possible recovery of AO40 and wait for the next high performance bird to
go up  (LEO traffic is fun, but once you've got a taste for HEO...) Something
that can make the waiting less painful is frequent updates on progress.

And, much more importantly, frequent updates can tremendously help mobilising
the vast resources which are needed to build these birds and put them into
orbit.

Please note that I am not criticising, I was just wondering.

73, Piero HB9DSU

*** Music, ham radio and more - http://www.qsl.net/hb9dsu ***