Re: Frequency jumps on SO-50

Hi Ib,

It's been pretty stable here on the West US Coast lately but I've heard
exactly this before.  I contacted someone about it and it's presumed its a
low battery voltage situation.  It could be because SO-50 is in Eclipse
when Denmark is in the footprint.  I seem to recall it was in eclipse when
it was happening here too.

73,

Emily

At 11:36 PM 3/16/2004 +0100, OZ1MY wrote:
>Hi all,
>At the pass with AOS at 2201 UTC here in Copenhagen
>the downlink frequency of SO-50 jumped about 5 kHz down -
>and then up and down again at regular intervals.
>I have not heard something like that before. Some times
>it has changed frequency - but then it stayed at the new frequency
>for a long time.
>The 5 kHz jump is large enough to make the audio sound distorted.
>
>Has anybody else heard the same thing ?
>
>73 OZ1MY
>Ib

W0EEC - CM87tm