RE: Clarc yagis

The bad news is that you might need to do some pruning overall because you
are using the fiberglass rather than the wood for the boom material.  These
were designed by Kent Britain, and I've asked him directly (last year at
Dayton) what the effects of different (dielectric) materials were on these
antennas.  It does turn out it makes a difference.  We've made rover
antennas and had to redesign them to make them work when on 1" square Max
Gain Systems fiberglass tubing.

At 70cm, it might not be enough to notice/care.  But due to his comments on
these antennas, I'd avoid using fiberglass or PVC/ABS as the booms.

White paint or shellac works fine on protecting the wooden booms for quite a
few years.

But otherwise, yes, place the coax on the side of the boom, as shown in
Kent's instructions.  See either my site (http://www.fredspinner.com/W0FMS)
or the CLARC site for feed details.

Fred