FW: FW: Clarc yagis

Forwarded by request from Kent Britain:

-----Original Message-----
From: Kent Britain [mailto:WA5VJB@FLASH.NET]
Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2004 8:14 PM
To: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: FW: [amsat-bb] Clarc yagis

Hi Bob:
Can you forward this along to either David or the AMSAT.bb?
His address didn't make it and he doesn't have a qrz.com email listing.

Hi David:
You want the coax near the center of the driven element, but it doesn't
have to be exacly at the center.  On just about all my published Cheap
Yagi's the coax is slightly off to the loop size.  On versions like the
900 and 1296 MHz versions, the coax is the equivalent of over an inch
off to the side at 435 MHz.

Just trim or length the free tip of the J driven element for best SWR
and have at it!    73's Kent WA5VJB