Clarc yagis

I just finished construction on a WA5VJB 6 element 435Mhz beam.  I have
a question though about where to attach the coax.  I'm using a 1"
fiberglass tube as the beam and the geometric midpoint of the driven
element is currently in the middle (inside) of the hollow fiberglass
tube.  Is it okay to solder the coax connections on the outside of the
tube (.5" from the geometric midpoint)?  The pictures on the Clarc
website (http://clarc.org/Articles/uhf.htm) are ambiguous.

73s
David Carr
KD5QGR