RE: Moon Relay

I thought the whole idea of a moon base is already dead.  All reasonable
people quickly concluded that it would be impossible to fund, considering
that the government hasn't even figured out how to pay for existing
obligations during the same time period, such as Social Security and
Medicare for retiring baby boomers.  Most space science advocates also
rejected the idea because (like ISS) it would divert money from unmanned
space projects that are vastly more scientifically productive.  The
probability of a permanent manned moon base in my lifetime is exactly zero
percent.  The probability of additional manned moon landings in my lifetime
is very low, but we can't rule out China doing it strictly for the national
prestige.

I sure wish we had more hamsats to talk about!

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA