lunar transponder

Folks,

The tendency to wax poetic often exceeds the physical reality
of things.

What's the round trip delay of a lunar bounce?  2.4 secs or so?
May make a transponder irrelevant.

That said, I can see a public argument for someting from amateur
radio in the primary payload....purely because we represent the
best example of multinational cooperation and collaboration one
can fnd.

(I'll ignore certain folks from 75m last night, in making that
comment.)

Jim Jarvis
N2EA
jimjarvis@ieee.org